1. Talk about sex regularly in church. Do you know that 1 in 4 women in your church pews have had an abortion as regular church-going Christians? This needs to stop. We need to reduce this number. If churches were more open about sex and its results and the positives of marital sex, maybe our culture would not be so confused.
2. Promote adoption, share positive stories, and even champion open adoptions where the birth mother can watch her child grow up and have a relationship with the adoptive parents of her child. We need to erase the stigma that was attached to adoption before 1973. Before then, if a child got pregnant, they would take her far away for her to have the baby and then take the child away and send it to be adopted before she could even decide what to do. This should not be. It doesn't happen any more, and people need to continue to make this possible.
3. Recommend abstinence over contraceptions. Just because people in your church are going to have sex no matter what does not mean you need to say, "Kids will be kids" and give them birth control. They need to learn self control and their rights to not be used by their friends to satisfy sexual curiosity. Contraception actually increases teen pregnancy and is promoted by the abortionists so that they can get teens pregnant and to come into their clinics. Let’s tell the kids both young and old that they don’t have to follow their strong desires and to deny themselves of things they don’t need, and they will be happier and less heart-broken.
4. Support Pregnancy Resource Centers. PRCs debunk the argument that pro-lifers don’t care about children after they are born. They provide clothes and diapers and food for the kids, classes for the mothers and even GED classes and job-hunting skills. No we can’t end war or crime. We can barely keep our lights on sometimes. But churches need to promote these centers the way they promote other charities and without shame.
5. Let’s get political. Don’t vote democrat. You don’t have to vote Republican, but don’t vote for the party that takes my tax money and gives it to Planned Parenthood, wants to remove all restrictions on abortions we’ve made thus far, and also believe in socialism. It’s not the government’s job to solve everything. It’s the church’s. If the church isn’t doing it, it should, but the government cannot solve the problems. But don’t vote for the Democrats.
6. If there are parents in the church who have a girl in their house who is pregnant, tell them to not go for abortion as the first thing in their minds. Shame the dads who want to kick their girl out of the house if she continues in her pregnancy. They parents did not get the girl pregnant. The girl made her own decision. They should be proud for loving their girl anyway and promoting life. They should not be in an environment where they feel like they have to hide the situation.
7. The intersection. If you care about the intersection, you should care about ending abortion and voting pro-life. The intersection is the meeting of any class of people who have been considered oppressed. Secular society considers black people, women, and even gay people to be oppressed. If there is a black woman who happens to be a lesbian, then society considers her to have the greatest voice in matters. Abortion attacks both black people and women the most. I will talk about that in later blogs.