Thursday, January 3, 2013

12 Highlights from my trip to North Georgia

1. Tim and I read out loud from the entire first half of the Two Towers in 6 days.

2. Ticket to Ride is not just a Beatles song, it's a great board game.

3. I still can't believe I watched all of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.  When I heard he music I was not shocked that Danny Elfman did the music.

4. I fell asleep through Last Samurai, but I'm pretty sure it was an alright movie.  If it helps any, I feel asleep at the Hobbit, too, and that's just becoming my thing no matter how good the movie is.

5. Tim really takes care of my brother, often thinking of his needs before Dad or I think of them.

6. I love doing word puzzles from Penny Press even more now.

7. I still love the Anne of Green Gables series.  I'm on the sixth book and she's still my friend.

8. Matt Chandler's Explicit Gospel is a really good book, even if the chapters are long.  He says exactly what the public needs to hear, but will they hear it?

9. We did three puzzles.  No, four. 

10. Doing the last puzzle, a show ran on PBS about Jewish entertainers and Broadway shows.  I'm still not sure if I should be offended that they still pay attention to race or not, but it was interesting.

11. Starting Sunday morning with a Bojangle's chicken biscuit and a fully-loaded Cheerwine just completes my trips across the North Carolina state line.

12. We totally intended to go to church Sunday.  Really.  I think my car just took a Freudian slip and I somehow ended up in the Highlands and not in Murphy.  An hour trip took three.  It's still my favorite part of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment