Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Trance

I keep thinking about the story of David and Bathsheba after Nathan had rebuked David and while their child was dying.  Nathan told David that the child would die because David had displeased the Lord.

David prayed and prayed for 7 days when the boy got sick, but he still died.  His attendants did not want to tell him but he saw how quiet they were and figured it out.  So he put oil on his head and went back to life as usual.

I feel this way about the election results.  We have prayed and prayed for God to show mercy to this country and get Obama out of office.  We did all the campaigning and reasoning possible.  But God said no for the time being.  Am I going to get bitter and angry and start throwing things?  No, I actually feel happy.  I also feel numb still, but I do feel content.

Christ has never left his throne.  America has left him.  We can no longer sing "God Bless America" without kidding ourselves.  Amazingly, he still blesses and has mercy on us when we deserve justice.

So does this mean I'll do what I said I would before the election was over?  Will I continue to protest Obama and his policies of death?  I'm sure of it.  However, I do not feel like I need to do so in such a way as to end up in jail.  I will still advise pregnant women and speak the truth that no one wants to hear, but I'm more willing to do so one person at a time rather than all at once, what God has been wanting me to do all along.

So instead of me trying to save the world, my biggest mistake, I need to remember that the perfect king will always reign and to follow him without running ahead like I'm Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment