Friday, May 18, 2012

The Hiddenness of God

The other day I was on Ligonier and I read about The Hiddeness of God.  I thought it was a really encouraging article and fairly non-controversial about how Christians should not be discouraged when the world hates them, but to find security in your identity in Christ.  I posted it on Facebook

So commenters thought I was obviously meaning that we should keep our Gospel a secret and not reach out to the world.  Or to not love as Christ loved.  Those arguments have nothing to do with the article.  But if you try to explain, words fail.

But then, I think, I don't mean to brag, but a majority of my week is spend reaching out to the community through both Refuge Pregnancy Center and now Project Renewal.  Oh, and Shepherd's Staff even though I'm more a spectator there.

But the pregnancy counseling is proof that you can tell people what they need to do until you are blue in the face, and they will still come in again, pregnant again, and even having had an abortion.  Do I hate these people?  No.  My heart aches for them.  But unless the Holy Spirit moves, you can't change the people.  You must not let that discourage you.

This goes for the rest of life, too.  You just keep doing things for people and rely on the Lord to change hearts and if you don't see results, rest knowing that you obeyed God and that you have your identity in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment