Friday, May 4, 2012

The Three Stooges

I'm seriously thinking about going to see the new movie of the Three Stooges tomorrow.  It all started tonight when I went to see the Avengers with some friends, and it was sold out.  I thought since I didn't get to see a movie tonight, maybe I'll see a less popular movie by myself tomorrow when Dad has my brother.  I have no other plans other than possibly singing with the monks in their vespers tomorrow evening. 

I find it hard to understand that women wouldn't like the Three Stooges.  Kind of like Monty Python, there's usually a gender gap.  But I've loved them my whole life, my mom loved them, my brother's caretaker Mary likes them, but Dad goes off to see it with his girlfriend and announces to Facebook that women don't like the Three Stooges.  I've been in pain laughing at them so hard.  I think girls more my age like them.  Maybe ladies just aren't as lady-like any more.  But the Three Stooges movie is rated PG, and the Farrely brothers made it.  They can have some suggestive and crass movies like Dumb and Dumber, but Shallow Hal was a sweet movie, and I've seen other movies of them that were sweet.  And this one is rated PG.  I wonder how much garbage people cram into PG movies these days to impress the kids.  All I know is this would appeal to more my generation than to kids.

I guess I'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment