Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bekah Shae

This lady also dropped an album this week.  I listened to her and chose to listen longer.  She has an Enya sound.  If you are looking for soothing, otherworldly music, then you will like Bekah Shae.

Here is a sample:


 Here's another one where you can see her:


She's very pretty and has pretty music.

Lyrically, I have nothing serious to object to.  It doesn't have the theological meat of some people, but it is good for meditation.  Some songs are from the perspective of God.  I've been listening to such songs a long time but I still get wary of them because the singer is not God.  I know she's not saying that, but it is really dangerous to take God's perspective or claim that your words are his.

Again, I'm not saying she's doing this.  It's just artistic.  But there are writers out there who think they are God's stenographers.  Reading their works, there's nothing blatantly objectionable, but their methods could lead to that.  If it was the person saying I had a devotional today and this is what I felt I learned from God, that is one thing.  I kind of do this on my blog.  Then, there are people who say they wrote down exactly what Jesus said.

People, "Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world."  (Hebrews 1:1-2) Jesus doesn't need a stenographer.  He's told us everything in his word and he's done in publicly.  They are forever preserved in pages that you can touch and read.  Everything you need to know he has given you plainly and if you have the Holy Spirit, the you are always in his presence.  Even at work.  Even in traffic.  Even cooking dinner for your family.  We don't need a super-popular devotional book to hear more from him.  We don't need a mediator or intercessor.  He is that intercessor and he is all we need.  He's provided Scripture and he's provided the support of the Church.

Back to Bekah, I'm not saying she's being a stenographer, but it is good to note.  I think she's pretty good.  If you want some good relaxing music with positive words that will make you think of Jesus, then listen to her.  She's worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment