Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Audrey Assad: New EP out

When following newreleasetuesday.com, it is fun to listen to compilations and try to decide which song in the winner.  Sadly this week and last week have not produced new compilations.  But there is a new demo album from Audrey Assad.  It is called "Death be not Proud" named after a John Donne poem.

There are five songs on the album, but only one song is on YouTube:


I don't know the music of John Mark McMillan, but I sell his albums at LifeWay and assume he's pretty good.  I might see what he sounds like next.  I love Audrey Assad.  We have many theological differences, but she fills the hole that Jennifer Knapp left missing.  She has the blues sound that I love.

I listened to some of her older songs


This is lovely.  I hope her album that does come from this is just as good as her last two.

No comments:

Post a Comment