Tuesday, July 12, 2011

GRE moaning

So Friday, I'm taking the GRE test.  Why?  I may go to grad school again.  I'm not at the moment, but I can at least take it in case I do go.  And I'm taking it now because they change it in August.  I hear it's good for 10 years, too.

After much practicing, I'm still quite scared for both the math and verbal portions.  It seems that I'll do fine on the verbal part if I memorize the dictionary before Friday, but that's not happening.  Math, I'll do fine if I don't have to keep doing percentage problems twice because the first time my answer isn't one of the choices.  Oddly, I'm not nervous about the analytical section at all.  I'll probably do more prompts tomorrow, but I feel like I can do that.  If I can do that, then I surely can do the other sections.

Preparing for the test is also a pain.  I went to three websites for practice questions.  One, the website for GA College 411, has good verbal questions but terrible math questions.  In my Math prep class in May, we did not do number sequencing or patterns.  That was all this website asked about, so I had to move on.  Next, I found ETS's website.  They make the test, so they are the best place to practice.  However, I've done all the questions, now.  They don't have any more.  Now I found a generic website.  I can't remember it's name.  It had good questions, though I feel they are easier than I should expect on the actual test.  I got most of the answers right.  If they did the test, I'd feel very confident.  Either way, I'm going to practice with this site the rest of the week. 

One more thing, tomorrow I'm taking a math placement test for Clayton State University.  I got accepted there and will attend in the fall!  The only thing I'm worried about for this test is trying to remember what time I signed up for and where it's supposed to be.  Oh, and I still don't have a parking pass. 

So, regular readers, pray for me this week.  I hope to get back to my normal rantings tomorrow.  I will post some essay prompts at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment