Friday, July 27, 2012

Hodge Podge

So I mentioned this sign I saw not for the first time last night on a church: No Perfect People Allowed.

Granted, I assure you, I'm not a perfect person, and I don't know anyone who is, but I do know one person who is perfect: Jesus.  Is he not allowed at that church?  Because if they're that desperate to attract crowds, then he probably is not allowed there except in name only.

But alas, I got caught complaining about it in a similar fashion of telling someone in AA to do something about their alcohol problem.  Yes, I know I complain.  But I've been happy all week.  I've said mostly funny stuff all week.  If I complain, I actually do something about it.

So instead of complaining, I propose we suggest alternative church signs.

How about: Blue Jeans Welcome, just make sure they're your best.

Or: If you just got in from working 3rd shift, why don't you just come on in and rest a bit.

I'd love more suggestions.  What I don't want is people acting like they're satisfied with not being perfect.  No, we can never be perfect on our own, but we do need the one perfect Person in our church if we want anything good in our lives.  In fact, he needs to be the center of the show with his Word that isn't always comfortable, truth that isn't always comfortable.

Another line: come as you are, leave a different person. 

That sounds good to me.

In other news: I finally figured out why I've been so depressed all year.  It feels so good to know what that is so I can know how to deal with that again.  So yay, it's been a happy week and I hope it never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment