Saturday, February 11, 2012

Back in the Swing

My computer died Wednesday afternoon.  I'm on the internet again today.  And there was much rejoicing.

I did go swing dancing again for the first time in 5 years.  It's one of those skills I don't really forget but also lose the beat after 5 seconds.  My arms ache today.  But in lieu of writing a bunch of facts, here are things I thought while dancing last night.

Somebody asked if my style was east coast or west coast.  I have no clue what that means but "white girl" wasn't an option. 

One Mexican guy really confused me by doing either the salsa or the Charleston, neither which I know very well.  He was more doing some Charlesa, but I could not make heads or tails of it.

When it was time to stop and get a water break, a wonderful game of dance floor Frogger commenced.

Some guys, I'm not really sure why they were there.  You'd look into their eyes and they would just wave back and not dance with you.  Well, it is Georgia Tech, home of the nerds.

My favorite dancer all night, and the only one I danced with twice, was Silvan.  He's a neuroscientist from Emory.  He was at least sweet and good looking.  I have no clue if he is liberal, pro-choice, a Christian, or anything, but he was a gentleman and he has a job.

Well, now, I have to do what I really need to do, and that is study for a test on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment