Monday, February 13, 2012

Beware his attacks

Tim Challies pointed me to this article today about ways Satan may attack you this week.  He's already attacked me in one of my weaknesses, and I need much prayer for remedy, but I trust the Lord to lead me to the end of the tunnel.  Satan reserves his heaviest blows for people who take ministry positions, and I often feel tortured mentally from paranoia, emotional dependency, discontentment, and I think I've almost ruined a friendship again.  One that the enemy wants ruined but that we need to pray him out of there completely.  Daily.  Oh, how I forget to do that.

Here is one of the ways mentioned:

"He may slander God to you in order to cast doubt on God’s goodness and shipwreck your faith."  Just like he did to Eve, questioning whether God really has her best interests at heart when he banned he from that fruit.  I thought of even more ways that I find people trapped into resenting God out of this same vein. 

Sometimes, he gets you distracted from the Lord so that you start looking to your own deeds for salvation.  Then you start working and working off your sin through acts of penance, totally insulting the fact that Jesus paid for your complete sin on the cross.  It doesn't need to be paid anymore.  If someone is in hell, it is because Jesus has not paid for his sin.  Or else, he wouldn't be there.  And there certainly is no need to pay your sin when Jesus already paid it to atone for subsequent sins.  He specifically paid for all your sins if indeed he has saved you, and all you can do is let him change you.  But just the same, people will work and work and sacrifice themselves until they begin to resent God and eventually turn away.  I see this in all Christian circles where they place any effort on man's ability.

John 8:32, however says you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.  If you aren't free, then you aren't following the truth.  It doesn't guarantee painlessness, but you will be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment