Sunday, January 8, 2012

Listening to records: Sara Groves

I rediscovered her this week and then bought her newest album which I love very much.  Through the years, Sara Groves went from a folk singer to almost sounding like Coldplay.  This is a good thing.  In fact, when I saw the title of her song "Scientists in Japan" I thought she was covering Coldplay, but it turns out I was thinking of their song "Lovers in Japan" which I think is a terrible song.  "Scientists in Japan" is very cute.


A good twist on "Great Is Thy Faithfulness."  It puts the words in a fresh perspective and a new tune for those who love the old song but feel it is overplayed.


I hope this could be true for anyone I meet.  I'm so glad that I can never lose Christ's love.


Another rewrite of an old Spiritual, this song is also fresh, taking what was once probably shallow and making the listener hopeful for the end of the road.


This song will break your heart, but like the lyric said, "leave you broken but thankful."


I can't decide if this song is my favorite on Invisible Empires or "I'll Wait."


I guess you can decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment