Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Heart Is Filled with Thankfulness

What am I thankful for today?

1. God's protection.  I do so much driving on the interstate, go places alone, and risk my life all the time.  I'm so thankful that God has kept me alive 26 years and that he has a plan for my life.

2. My dad.  He lets me live in his house, gives me money, and I'm often not as thankful for him because we are too much alike and butt heads.  God, please lead me to better honoring my father.

3. Answers in Genesis.  They have such intelligent information, tons of videos, free stuff on their website, and the only reason people still believe in evolution after hearing their arguments is that they just want to sin.  Before I found these people, I would fall prey to evolutionary "proof" and try to compromise it with the Bible, but I don't anymore.   There's more proof supporting the Bible than there is for evolution.

4. Abraham.  The one in the Bible.  He believed in God no matter what.  He was far from perfect, yet God still chose him and changed him.  He's a great encouragement that even though I forget God often and forget to dedicate my belongings and my goals to him, he still has chosen me and changes me day to day. 

5. In that case, I'm thankful for all the Old testament Hall of Faithers and even those not listed because they didn't even have Jesus on the earth yet, but still believed in him.  They were far from perfect, yet God loved them anyway.

6. I'm thankful that God loves anybody and saves them.

7. Back to AIG, fossils.  They prove that the Flood really happened and that dinosaurs really lived, even into the middle ages.  I'm thankful that there was no millions of years of death before the fall of man in God's perfect world.

8. Calvinistic Cartoons and all the people on Eddie's blogroll so that I can keep updated with reformed news.

9. Tim Challies.  He is a wealth of resources, some that I have bought and use with the youth group at his recommendation.

10.  Craig Boyd and Ralph Peterson, my two followers.  Thanks for giving me a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment