Saturday, November 19, 2011

It May Be Midnight, But It's Still Friday! Here are the Facts

As much as I appreciate Ray Comfort's show with Tony Miano, On the Box, and all the helpful evangelism tips I have picked up, Ray has got to start realizing that not everyone is called to evangelize in the same way.  I'm glad all these guys can wander Hollywood and just walk up to people and wheedle them into thinking of Jesus.  I'm glad that they admit that only the Holy Spirit can save them and that we should never give them the Sinner's Prayer or tell them to let Jesus into their hearts.  They really do present bad news so that the good news can be so much better.  But I personally am not called to that kind of tactic.

I must admit that I have been more bold lately.  I feel like I'm more gentle with the girls at Refuge, as if they were children almost. 

Even at the law office I can talk about what I do at church and even at Refuge, though I haven't got to the point where I can openly talk theology.  I don't know if I ever will there.  For now I just seek work experience and hope to be paid someday.

Should I be hesitant about meeting cute guys on the elevator in downtown Atlanta who ride down to the street level floor with me from the 19th floor?  I don't know him at all and he could well be a smoker, a pervert, a sleaze bag, or a grease monkey.  But he was cute and we did strike up a small chat about it being the weekend and how he still has more work but that I was free to go.  Oh well, we'll see.



I'm going to a birthday party for one of my Trinity kids!  Yay!  I can't wait.  We will celebrate her turning 9 on the first Sunday of Advent, but tomorrow as we'll probably not see her through Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment