Friday, August 5, 2011

Slangin' on the Telephone (apologies to Blondie)

I planned a wedding, it's the one with me and you.
You went commercial and then prayed, "Boogity Boo."
I'm not a child, I am the King of Kings and true.

I won't keep hangin' on the telephone
I won't keep hangin' on the telephone

I'll leave a tip for you, don't prance before my throne.
If I forgive you then you can't keep sinning on.
What are you yellow? Leave your old life alone.

That's why we can't talk again.
No, 'cause you ain't left your sin.
That's why we can't talk again.

I won't keep hangin' on the telephone.
The world will end and you'll be in the cold.

Okay, so it's not the most Calvinistic thing I've written.  But I do get tired of people treating God as if he was a puppy and not the Lord of Lords and King of Kings who could throw us into hell without tarnishing his justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment