Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wonka Camp Pics and Vids

The first thing I noticed when I got to Smyrna last Friday was the wonderful stage set-up.  It was so beautiful.  It reminded me of the backdrops my mom used to make. 






When we got to the cabins, we were given pool noodles, tape, ribbon, and cellophane to make candy canes and help decorate the stage.




Later, at our first worship time, Oompa Loompas joined us, and we danced to the camp classic, "Star Trekkin.'"


Early the next morning, the girls get their exercise.  They weren't all out of energy yet.  In fact, they never were.



Some of my girls are piled on each other in the dining hall at breakfast


Some point before my talk, I gave the camera to another, and he filmed me dancing to this song.



Then, I gave my speech.  I hope you can hear it.  I simply don't like watching myself on video, so I can't tell, but turn the volume up just the same.



Later we played not one but TWO messy games.  Feedback later said we'd only do one next year.  I completely agree.  It is nice to get some laughs at the expense of your kids, though.

This first one is OMC, Organized Mass Chaos.



These were from Willy Wonka's Messy Olympics.  Kids would say "messy Olympics" and I'd hear "Messianic Olympics" for some reason.






Ultimately, they were all supposed to look like Oompa Loompas.  The green wigs that followed helped complete the set.



Finally, I've got to share some songs from Ty Rumble accompanied by his cute 2-year-old daughter, Natalie.




No comments:

Post a Comment