Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I is for India

Another post inspired by Challies.  He wrote about Gandhi's line about how Gandhi likes Jesus, just not Christians because we are not like Jesus.  Liberals love this line and even more naive believers.  I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that we need to stop using this phrase.

I'll be the first to tell you, the church is full of hypocrites and I'm one of them.  If you say you aren't a hypocrite, then you are even more hypocritical.  Every Christian is a sinner, and every Christian is going to do something that embarrasses Christ, who's name we carry.  That doesn't make it alright.  That's just the way it is.

Equally, Gandhi must have had some kind of ego to believe that he was above this problem.  Has he never lied or used anybody?  Has he never gone against what he believed?  Gandhi lived under the delusion that all men had something good in them and that Jesus was just another man.  Nobody was ever kind enough to tell him that we are woefully sinful and have no hope outside of Jesus who must wash our sins for us to even want to follow his teachings.  But either way, please stop quoting him.  I love Jesus, therefore, how dare I not live his Christians who he died to save?

No comments:

Post a Comment