Monday, May 14, 2012

The Resurrection and the Life

Teen Sunday School went good.  I was the only teacher yesterday, and I had my two kids and taught them about Lazarus.

We read the first 11 verses of chapter 11, and I was taken aback by how Jesus acted.  It was quite odd.  If your best friend was sick and you had the power to heal him, what would you do?  You'd probably go heal him.  But Jesus waited two more days and even told his disciples, "I'm glad I was not there." (v 15)

It's one of my favorite passages in the Bible, but I'm still in awe of God's methods.  The disciples didn't know what he was doing, but Jesus had a plan that would lead to his greater glory.  How about us?  What if something happens that really makes us mad at God?  Do we get mad and give up?  Do we doubt?  I have doubted, but Mary and Martha and all the disciples did the right thing.  They still followed Jesus, even if it meant death, and they took their frustrations to him for him to sort out. 

Things have happened in my life, and Jesus still hasn't raised anybody that I know is dead, but I could not sleep at night not knowing that God has a greater plan around all that happens and that he knew every action I'd take before he created the world.  He will work it out somehow.  He is the Resurrection and the Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment