Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Facts

Refuge was great today.  First thing, one of my follow-up clients had her baby, so I closed her case, but then she came with her baby to get a layette and formula.  That baby was so adorable and so sweet.  He was smooshed up against her and they weren't gone before I touched his cheek.

Also, Ashlee, the young intern, had some word searches from another lady and she copied some for me.  They are from Chicken Soup for the soul.  Inspirational, sometimes I agree with it, but I have to sit and laugh a minute.

First word seek has words from Elbert Hubbard.  Say it really Southern: Ayul-bert. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men.  No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."
I say a big amen to that, especially when I get to a self-check-out counter at Wal-Mart.  I seriously would just prefer a real person to check out my groceries.  Same with calling your student loan lenders.  Seriously, no robot, just someone who speaks English as a first language.  I have a hard enough time hearing on the phone if you have a garbly accent.  One more, I prefer real voices in singing, not auto-tune.  Especially when Christian pop groups thing they have to use it because young kids won't listen to it any other way.

"A retentive memory may be a good thing, but the ability to forget is the true token of greatness."
One more reason why my Dad is a great man.  He can't remember anything anymore, and on a serious note, I really do wonder if he's getting Alzheimer's.  But he's 57, and he'll live into his 80s like his parents, and mind you his mother also had Alzheimer's and only died in December at age 83.  So, she was a great woman, too.  I'm on the road to greatness myself as I start to forget things at the ripe old age of 26.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."
Can't argue with that one, but I do prefer 2 Timothy 1:7. "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline"

This last one is long and from a different author:
"Any change must begin somewhere, it is the single individual who will experience it and carry it through.  The change must indeed begin with an individual; it might be any one of us. Nobody can afford to look around and to wait for somebody else to do what he is loath to do himself."
1. The punctuation is a nightmare.
2. Actually, Obama did not say this.  But it's so corny that all I read is O-blah-blah.
3. The punchline: Carl Jung said this.  Yes, Freud's friend and co-worker.  I mean, I do like psychology, but I'm not taking inspiration from atheists.
4. Change must begin with surrendering your life Jesus.  Nothing will happen otherwise.


So, we need to make some word searches from Reformed folks.  Anybody want to make one?  If you make one, I'll make one b/c I'm not doing a word search that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment