Tuesday, March 27, 2012

8:38

There's this man named Matt Thien.  He's a super-talented musician who led worship at Smyrna for 2 or 3 years.  It was like Jason Mraz led our worship.  Sadly, being in the Navy, he got transplanted to Newark, VA and had to go to Iraq.  Now his family is in Maryland and he's touring with his singing again. 

But he had written a song called "8:38" after noticing it on the clock all the time.  For the past two weeks I've done intense praying to the Lord.  I'm usually one who will superstitiously look at the clock to make decisions.  Odd numbers are yes, and even are no.  All of a sudden I started noticing 8:38 every day.  Sometimes twice a day.  Even if I saw 8:39, I still felt encouraged because it's the next time after 8:38.

Today, I was lead to read Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  I guess the Lord was encouraging me with reminders that his love will never leave me.  It's just what I need to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment